BURGMAN 400 ABS
Already renowned as a premium, feature-rich scooter, the Suzuki Burgman 400 is back for 2019 with a special matte blue finish that contains a touch of sparkle equal to its nature.
Under the new finish, the Burgman 400 continues to combine exceptional chassis and engine performance with its sleek body to be a distinctively athletic luxury scooter. The AN400A sets the convenience and performance standard for all mid-sized scooters while maintaining its reputation for luxury and quality.
The Burgman 400 delivers Suzuki’s winning combination of style, performance, practicality, convenience, and riding enjoyment.
- Fuel-injected DOHC 399cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine powers a seamless, CVT automatic transmission.
- Stronger low-speed engine response with reduced emissions and better fuel economy.
- New, luxurious Metallic Matte Stellar Blue colour with advanced LED lighting.
- Sturdy frame and large 15-inch front wheel delivers well-planted and agile handling.
- Spacious under-seat storage and two front compartments with a DC power outlet provide a variety of cargo options
- Fold-down rear footrests provide comfort, letting the passenger feel planted and relaxed, even during extended rides.
- Pair of ergonomically designed grab bars are mounted to the sides of the seat so the passenger can have a good, comfortable grip of the scooter.
- A security gate incorporated in the lower portion of the bodywork allows a chain lock to be passed through a body panel, then around the frame, and then around an immovable object.
- The ignition switch is fitted with a magnetic security cover that opens only with a correctly coded key.
- The comprehensive and easy-to-read instruments incorporate an analogue speedometer and tachometer plus an LCD display that provides odometer, twin trip meter, clock, ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel level, and coolant temperature readings. Other coloured LED indicators provide turn signal, headlight, freeze, and service function alerts.
- The LCD has a programmable oil service indicator to alert the rider when regular maintenance is required.
- The instruments also include the Suzuki Eco Drive Indicator that illuminates when the scooter is being ridden in a fuel-efficient manner. This instant feedback helps the rider learn how to maximize the Burgman 400’s fuel economy.
- The Burgman 400’s underbone frame is constructed from large-diameter, thin-wall tubes that result in lower weight and increased rigidity, resulting in improved handling.
- The telescopic front fork with 41mm inner-tubes have a generous 4.3 inches of wheel travel to complement the link-type mono-shock rear suspension to deliver motorcycle-like handling with exceptional manoeuvrability.
- A large 15-inch front wheel replaces the 14-inch wheel of the prior generation scooter to improve stability and enhance the visual appearance.
- The cast front wheel carries a pair of 260mm disc brake rotors while the 13-inch rear wheel has a 210mm hydraulic disc brake for reliable stopping control.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)*
- The new upswept windscreen has a trim appearance from every angle while delivering optimum wind protection and a clear view of the road.
- The scooters nose features sharply styled dual LED headlights with integrated LED position lights and turn signals mounted beneath. The clean and bright front end is instantly recognizable as a Suzuki Burgman.
- The slim new rear deck of the Burgman 400 features independent LED rear combination lamps with the turn signals at their tips. It’s sharply sculpted design expresses elegance and agility.
- The stepped dual seat has thick padding for extra comfort.